Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week 6 of my Practicum

This week I worked on making a video on how to use the playhead in Camtasia 8 and how to do some basic editing. The playhead is a cursor that can move you back and forth in your video. It can also be used with editing functions such as cutting some of your video and splitting a clip. I have found that when making instructional videos there can be a lot of dead air because you are waiting for a file to upload or save. The ability to cut this dead air makes the video more streamlined which will help keep the attention of the viewer.

Splitting a clip can also be beneficial when trying to add material to your video.  For instance, you can split the video at a certain point and insert transitions, title slides, or graphics between scenes. This makes the making of the video a little easier because you can go back and add these after you have made the video instead of trying to quickly add them during the recording.

See video on using the playhead and some basic editing functions below:


I also went back and added a title page to all the videos I have made and saved in Google Drive. This will give a better visual representation of what the video is about. I tried to use word, but could not get the documents to upload for some reason. I ended up using the Paint software on my computer and saving the pictures as a jpeg file.

No comments:

Post a Comment