Sunday, February 18, 2018

Week 5 of my Practicum

This week I continued my exploration of Camtasia 8 and made two videos.  One new thing I learned was that I can cut out parts of the video where I am waiting for files to upload.  I am glad this is an option because thirty or forty seconds is a lot of time to fill when nothing is really happening. I also learned how to delete audio from a recording that I was using as background for my new video. 

The first video I made was on how to add closed captions to the video.  It is pretty simple, but the speech to text on my computer is not the best in the world.  I used the "train your computer" option twice.  I have not seen any real improvement in my opinion.  So, I basically have to go back and edit each box.  It is not hard, just time consuming because you have to play the box as many times as it takes so the text matches what you are saying. 

See the below video about closed captions:


The second video I made was on how to produce and share your recording.  It is a pretty simple function to perform on Camtasia 8, but as with most things, showing someone how to do it in a video is a little more difficult.  Within Camtasia 8, you can share to YouTube, Screencast, Google drive, and others.  This makes sharing your video easier. 

See the below video on how to produce and share:



I have also begun working on a 10-15 minute video describing my practicum experience.  My main focus this week has been to make an outline of how I want to begin and trying to figure out how best to incorporate some of the videos I have made.  You do not realize how long 10-15 minutes are until you are trying to make a video.  You can say a lot in 10-15 minutes. 







No comments:

Post a Comment