Sunday, April 8, 2018

Week 11 of my Practicum

This week I made three videos for my practicum on how to use Camtasia. I think I have finally found my zone and these might be my last videos for this particular project.

The first video I made was on how to use transitions. This was a pretty simple video and did not take me long to plan or to make. Transitions can be used to create a smooth flow between clips, show passage of time, change in location, or to call attention to something. 

See the transitions video below:



The second video I made was about using cursor effects in Camtasia.  This is an option that allows you to make the cursor more prominent and easy to follow.  You can increase the size of the cursor, add color to the cursor, and add both visual and audio effects when the mouse is clicked.  It can also be a very helpful tool in guiding the viewer to what is important instead of them looking around to try and find what you are talking about.

See the cursor effects video below:


The last video I made was a trouble shooting video.  I came up with three topics that caused me some pain and a good deal of time. The first topic was to always save your work to Camtasia and another device.  This is one extra step that can save you if you saved your video wrong or there is a mess up along the way. The second topic was letting the viewer know not to use word.  I wasted a lot of time on a word document at the beginning of the semester and you can't upload word documents to Camtasia. The last topic I discussed was closed captions. I showed how you can extend or shorten the closed captions boxes so they will match with the picture better.

See the trouble shooting video below:



So, all my videos will be turned over to someone else this week and they will let me know if there is anything else I need to add or correct. Hopefully, everything will be to good to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment