Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week 4 of my Practicum

This week has been more about trying to organize my videos and manuscripts.  Now that I have become a little more proficient with Camtasia 8, I am going to work on not only making the tutorials, but putting them in an order that will benefit a new user of Camtasia 8. 

In order to do this, I have created a folder in Google Drive to store all my videos and manuscripts.  As I was going back over my videos, I noticed a couple of errors in the closed captioning and was able to correct those before sending them back to my professor. 

I made one video this week.  It is a basic introduction video that shows the main components of Camtasia 8. This video did not go into any detail because I just wanted the viewer to be able to see the different functions that Camtasia 8 will allow the user to perform. 

Introduction video for Camtasia 8:


This week I was able to use what I have learned in Camtasia 8 to assist a professor at my school.  The professor needed to know how to have their webcam displayed on their screen and also how to enlarge and move the webcam picture. It felt good to be able to provide that information and save the professor some time trying to figure out how to perform this function.

Next week, I plan on making several videos that deal with general terminology, adding captions, and how to produce and share.  Should be a busy, but fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment